Monday, April 21, 2008

Custom Map/Gametype: Vertigo

So I've finally gotten my first Forge map to a state that I'm ready for people to download it and play it. It's called Vertigo and it's meant for King of the Hill matches. I've taken a canvas of Standoff and constructed a floating platform high above the ground. This is where the Hill is located. The only way to reach the Hill is to take one of the six Man Cannons that have been placed around the map. It's a very simple map that is meant more for chaotic and fun gameplay than competitive play. Here is the link, Vertigo.

So far I've created 2 gametypes for it: Hammers and Lasers. In both gametypes, players have 110% speed and damage resistance. In Hammers, all players start with a Gravity Hammer with infinite ammo. In Lasers, all players start with Spartan Lasers and Swords, both with the regular starting ammo. Here is the link for those, Hammers, Swords.

If you play it and want to tell me what kind of tweaks it needs please feel free to comment. Feel free to adjust the rules as you see fit as well. And if can put a film of your session(s) on your fileshare and recommend it to TheArtistSwayze so I can see for myself that would be great as well. Hope you have fun, and here are some screenshots:







No comments: